Put 2 Cloud ©
Interested in understanding how all of your systems and applications interact so you can then better define a strategy for application componentisation, integration, modernisation and/or replacement?
Do you have any of these questions you would love answered:
- Critical systems that you need to understand how or if they can play a part in the inevitable Digital Transformation driving the successful businesses of today?
- Want to know if your core systems can play a part in Digital Transformation or they need to be replaced?
- Need to understand how you can keep core system functionality, but componentise and add new functionality through integration and Web Services and/or Microservice capability?
- Need to know what systems and data repositories you have and how they are connected, so you can accurately perform impact and change analysis before any functional additions or upgrades?
- Want to ascertain the complexity and structure of a system or systems and initiate automated platform migrations or code conversions?
If you answered yes or maybe to any of these questions, then we may be able to help you with the assistance of toolsets from our Strategic Partners, as follows …
Code Science and Application Cartography
Our relationship with Canadian-based company, Mapador Inc. (Mapador) for the A/NZ Region is to promote their sophisticated technology and expertise to enable the quick and correct understanding of business and/or IT applications.
The fundamental concept behind Mapador is to enable Clients to analyse 100% of their portfolios – regardless of platform or language. Many organizations work in silos; each group is responsible for the platform / language it maintains. Any cross-platform impact / change requires time consuming and costly discussions and project delays. With Mapador’s full coverage, IT organizations can understand application relationships and impacts across the organization.
Mapador provides a coherent, complete and authoritative representation of all the application system objects and their inter-relationships. Objects such as business processes, steps, database tables, attributes, procedures, programs, scripts, windows, events, can be shown together with their dependencies. Mapador integrates this large volume of ‘detail level’ information to give higher-level views showing the object interactions in the context of each application and how they relate to the broader system.
The Mapador toolset offers Cloud-based components for:
- Code Science – creating metadata about your applications for humans.
- Automated Application Cartography – mapping from an aerial view to precision movement of your custom-written application suite.
- Language Agnostic – with a continually growing set of code parsers.
- Application Mapping – system, inc componentisation, and
- Data Lineage, tracking data from source to end-point.
And are ideal for:
- End to end Application Mapping,
- Application maintenance and on-boarding,
- Current State Analysis,
- Business Rule Mining,
- Change and Impact Analysis, and
- Regulatory Compliance.
Automated Application Migration and Modernisation – Large System
Our relationship with Austin Texas-based company, Semantic Designs Inc. (SD) for the A/NZ Region is to support their sophisticated technology and provide local project and technical expertise to enable automated, complex application re platforming and/or migrations, that otherwise would be time consuming and expensive manual efforts.
SD’s products increase quality and productivity through formatting, test coverage, execution profiling, metrics, and source browsing. Obfuscation solutions for over 20 languages increase the security of intellectual property by scrambling source files while allowing applications to run normally. Their solutions include Tools, Bundles and Suites for dozens of languages, databases and schema. All of SD’s activities are enabled by highly automated tools based on SD’s core technology, the DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit™, an extremely generalized software analysis and mass code change engine.
DMS’s configurable analysis and transformation rules enables, not only conversion of legacy software using older legacy technologies to modern targets, but also realize major code refactoring tasks to improve the quality and maintainability of the results.
Typical deployment environments are – Organizations with complex, in-house software systems, Web Site operations, Electronic Design Automation, Applications Security/Testing/QA and Legacy Migrations. SD is also proud of the fact that it has successfully delivered solutions for more than 20 years without a single project failure!
Automated Application Migration and Modernisation – Client- Server
Our relationship with US-based company, Vivify Technologies Inc. (Vivify) for the A/NZ Region is to promote their sophisticated technology to transform PowerBuilder, Visual Basic and other client-server applications into modern web solutions, based on a Model Driven Development (MDD) approach. The idea being adding this technology to local project and technical expertise to enable application modernization, minimising the risk and maximising the RoI.
Vivify’s MDD approach takes a comprehensive view of a Client’s applications and dependencies. The core principles of MDD is to transform existing application features and functionality in a structured way, keeping the same application, just implementing it on a modern technology platform.
The Vivify approach combines parser/generator driven automation – to handle large “as-is” applications – with Open Source output targets for maximum performance and maintainability. It involves a systematic approach to handling the target source platforms:
- Domain-specific information and business rules are extracted from general purpose languages;
- Extracted information is put into models; and
- These models are used for documentation and code generation.
This process means models can verify functional requirements, identify dependencies and quantify the application. This approach will save the substantial time and effort of a manual rewrite but still maintain the workflow of the existing application. Then by leveraging stable Open Source platforms we enable the addition of new features and technologies to applications over time.
If any of these capabilities resonates with you, please click on the “Request More Info” button below and we would be happy to respond to your query and organise a follow up discussion as soon as possible.