The Grey Pool © Legacy Sunset Support (LSS) service has been created to harness a pool of resources who have very specific skills and experience. We have turned this “experience pool” into a flexible benefit to everyone engaged, clients and consultants alike, because:
- Unfortunately re-platforming or Transformation projects can take years to implement and in the meantime existing systems still have to be maintained.
- Key staff don’t necessarily want to maintain old platforms when new interesting work is happening elsewhere in the organisation, especially if they have a wealth of Business/System Intellectual Property (IP) that can assist in moving to new platforms/systems.
- Clients don’t want to be held to ransom by entrenched consultants with “unique” skills, demanding more for their services.
Therefore to help organisations fix this potential dilemma, LSS leverages the (shared) resources of The Grey Pool © giving the Client the ability to construct a tailored workforce and pricing model that can “flex” and be available on demand to support Legacy Systems that at some point in time will be “sunset” or decommissioned. What are the advantages of this to the Client?
- Key staff with Business IP can be deployed to Transformation or Business Critical activities and backfilled.
- Existing contract resources, who may think they are irreplaceable and therefore “demand” more, could be replaced by smart, more flexible and cost-effective individuals.
- Systems could be “stabilised” (ie. no more modifications) and staff numbers to maintain and support these environments could be reduced/redeployed.
- Aging staff supporting some of these older platforms could be given a “life-line” beyond their current employment and join The Grey Pool © to utilise their perceived dying skills in other similar environments.
- Pricing models put in place that allow for full-time, part-time, mentoring, skills transfer or ad-hoc only skills support.
This service is totally flexible and can be deployed with a Businesses’ technologies, objectives and budget in mind, such that it is a “partnership” between all concerned, Business, Supplier and Consultant alike.